Thursday, June 2, 2011

The time has come...

Well I am a little late on giving a 6 month update... I can't believe Jack is now 7 months.  I wanted to wait until we had all the details about the plans for this next month.  It is time to start planning Jackson's 1st major surgery.  Ideally the plan would have been to get him closer to 1 year old but that is ok.  At his 6 month check up at the cardiology appointment his oxygen saturations were 60's to 70's.  He usually is 70's to 80's. More often in the last few weeks we have noticed a slight change in his color and can see a difference when he gets really upset, which hasn't always been the case.  He is still pretty pink though.  Going to this last appointment I just had a feeling that this was the news we were going to hear.  Even though it has been something we have known would be coming since he was born, it is still hard to really "prepare" yourself for when you are actually there going through it.  I couldn't contain all my emotions as a stood there watching the oxygen monitor, waiting for the doctor to come in.  I am not ready for this.  The hardest part is that I can't bear the thought of my baby having to be in pain, and not able to understand why.  I don't look forward to seeing my happy "jumping Jack" down.  I am trying to focus on the after though, because I know after it all Jack will only benefit.  Last Monday we met with the cardiac surgeon, Dr Douglas.  We really like him! I have read and heard so many good things about him.  I was very impressed with his patience, detail and the time that he spent talking to us at the consultation. Jack is scheduled for surgery on June 22.  He will be in the ICU for 3-5 days and in the hospital for 7-10 days.  After that I will be home with him a few weeks while he is recovering. We will have to keep him pretty isolated for at least the first month after to protect him from any possible infections.  We don't want any infections to compromise his healing heart.  I know that Jackson is going to be fine.  I know there are so many people joining us in prayer for his protection and healing.  We are forever grateful for each prayer!  Thank you to all of you.  It makes me feel so good when people come up to me and say "I am praying for Jackson." It truly blesses my heart.  Jackson is a little fighter and I know God has big plans for him.  So please keep the prayers coming!!! And while you are praying... say a prayer for little Colt Fuhrman too.  He is just 6 days older than Jack and is fighting HLH.  He just received his bone marrow transplant.  Now grow cells grow!  You can follow his story at http://www.coltfuhrman.com/.



Onto some positive updates....


Jack is now weighing 16 1/2lbs and is just under 26 inches long. 

He can sit up unassisted.
 . 

He is eating baby foods, and LOVES it! He thinks anytime we are eating so should he.  He is always trying to grab whatever we have.  He still has yet to cut any teeth though.  He chews on everything like they are coming in but I don't see anything there. 

His favorite activity is to jump.  He loves to jump on your lap or in his jumper-roo.  I call him my little jumping Jack. 


Here are a few pictures from Jack's first Easter.







We spent a family day at the beach.  Jack loved bouncing his feet in the sand. 
 


Since the last blog Jack's cousin Kade Harrison Waraksa was born.  There are 5 months between the boys.  It is going to be so fun watching them grow up together.  I am sure they will be best buds.


Jack is 5months and Kade 1 week

Jack 6mo, Kade 1mo



He loves the water.  Bathtime is a little more interesting now too because he loves to splash. We took Jack swimming for the first time in Peachy and Poppy's pool.



 



















 These next couple weeks will be pretty busy trying to get things done before Jack has surgery.  Please continue to keep Jack in your prayers.  We will do our best to keep everyone updated.   


No comments:

Post a Comment