Wednesday, October 24, 2012

He'll always be my baby

No longer considered "infant" or "baby" to the rest of the world, but now Jack is in a whole new category ..."toddler." Yikes! Its an age that brings so many stories: some funny, some embarrassing, and some just completely frustrating.

He really is pretty easy going, but believe me he has his moments for sure. He is in the testing stage. Always having to see how far he can push or how many times he can get away something. He has had his share of spankings and time out so far. And I am sure there will be plenty more.


Each day my baby boy is growing, baby-ness is fading, and he is turning into a little boy. I thought that the first year was so full of change and that the second year wouldn't be that drastic. But oh my, what was I thinking. Our little boy is growing and changing before our eyes. It seemed as if overnight his vocabulary has exploded and he can carry on conversations with us, tell us about his day (in a few short words), and tell us what he wants. Little Peter repeater is always right behind us. Even when you think he isn't listening he confirms he is when he regurgitates the phrase you just said. Thank God it hasn't been anything too bad so far but it makes me stop to think about what I am letting come out of my own mouth.

All along while you think you are the one teaching them they are teaching you. I pray each night for Gods wisdom on how to be the best parent I can be.

His favorite things to do are play ball (still, of course), watch football with his daddy, color, and clean and as always eat.

And yes I said he loves to clean... He asks for a wipe and he will wipe down the tables.  I think my tables in the living room have only been as clean as they are this pregnancy due to Jack.  My energy is definitely lower so some things just haven't been kept up with the same. 

He loves helicopters and airplanes.  He loves to look out the windows for them.  It is his favorite past time in the car too.  If we are outside he always hears them and most of the time can find them. 



Jack is definitely his daddy's son. Most obviously still in [good] looks but in interests too. He just loves sports.


Most Friday nights Jack gets to go to a high school football game with Daddy. He loves it. Jack will even grab the remote and climb up on the couch and say "watch football".





He loves to color. He started Mothers Day Out this September, which he loves! Everyday I ask him what he did in school today, and most of the time he will say "I color". He will say he sang songs if you ask about chapel or played ball if it was a gym day. He loves his teachers, Mrs. Amy & Ms. Stephanie.




Jack is very excited for one of the biggest changes in his life coming soon... He will be a BIG BROTHER! I love how excited he is about his upcoming role. He is obsessed with my ever growing belly. He will bring me the doppler and say "mommy listen, baby's heart." after we listen to the baby then he will put his hands on my belly and say with a surprised look on his face "oh, baby kickin!" He is going to be the sweetest big brother ever.  He loves to "share" with the baby, whether it is his stickers or drink.







In prep for the new baby we decided to keep the nursery the same and give Jackson a cool, new big boy room. He loves his big boy bed.  He has done really good sleeping in there all by himself.  






We had a blast at his 2 year baseball birthday party. 








-



















































































Jackson is now 27.3lbs and 33inches tall.  Day to day he is just like any other little boy, he just has to have a "heart tune up" sometimes.  More than likely this next year it will be time for the next open heart surgery.  He goes for an ECHO Dec 10 for further evaluation as to when.  So please say prayers about that for him.

I think it is such an honor to be Jack's mom and get to watch him grow and develop everyday.  He wants to do more and more on his own. And with his "I can, I will, I did!" attitude he is!  I love to see him try something, and when he doesn't get it, he'll say "try again." I hope that his never give up attitude sticks with him forever.  

We are so excited for this next year to watch our little family grow by adding the "final piece to our puzzle."








  Next blog=new baby!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment